Paddle boarding is becoming more and more well-known these days. Even though it might not be easy to find a location that supports the sport, it will be soon with its increasing popularity. You don’t need an out of control set of waves to enjoy paddle boarding. Sometimes the more docile locations are more appealing. Whether you are looking for a peaceful break from your normal paddling conditions, or if you are just starting to explore paddle boarding as a hobby, these locations around the world would be ideal!
- Oahu, Hawaii: Sunset Beach is the place to go for surfing and paddle boarding. Summer months are calmer and you will be able to paddle for about four miles. This renowned beach is great for experienced and novice paddle boarders depending on the time of year. It is beautiful and a once in a lifetime experience!
- Santa Cruz, California: Steamer Lane is a great place in Northern California for paddlers of all experience levels. You may even get to take a peek at some of what nature has to offer. You will find yourself in one of two salt marshes that are left in California. Otters, seals, and birds of all kinds can be seen if you look hard enough!
- Nayarit, Mexico: Sayulita is a peaceful territory that many paddlers choose to try. It is warm and has a lot of beautiful sceneries to take in as you paddle through the calm waters. Novice and experienced paddlers alike pick this destination over and over again. Relaxation is in the air!
- Cape Town, South Africa: Blouberg is a warm slice of heaven for paddle boarding! There are various types of waves and gorgeous views to take in as you paddle along with the calm breeze blowing by you.
- Perth, Australia: Cottesloe Beach is a must see for tourists with their paddleboards (or rentals)! It is halfway between the business district and the suburbs and has amazing views and water. The waves may seem a bit intimidating at first, but you will surely enjoy yourself.
These are just a few of the many great locations available globally. If you have the opportunity to go to any of the above spots for paddle boarding, you will have a great fun filled experience to talk about for many years to follow. You may even end up going back for more! There are many hidden treasures to choose from, you just Cottesloe Beach have to dig deep enough.